A number of people have helped me in large and small ways with this
Most of all, I would like to acknowledge the assistance
of Gertrude Fraser. Thank you, Gertrude, for your willingness to
participate in this project, sharing your life story with me. Thank
you also for the many hours you spent with me during our many interviews.
The rest of these people also helped me with advice,
willingness to provide interviews, or technical, graphic, and design
- Marjorie Watt
- Stella McIntyre
- Dr. Ellen Facey, University of Northern British
- Ruth Stubbs, Quesnel and District Museum and Archives
- Leslie Middleton, Quesnel and District Museum and
- Lorne Hammond, History Curator - RBCM, and the
Living Landscapes project team
- Linda Arnold, G.R. Baker Memorial Hospital
- Carman Caldwell
- Heather Collins
- Bonnie Joy Gavin
- Christine Hofmeier
- Wim Hofmeyr
- Neil Horner, Editor, Quesnel Cariboo Observer
- Jesse Ketchum
- Donelda Martindale
- Debbie Matthews, Graphic Designer, Quesnel Cariboo
- Bob Michek, Graphic Designer, South Hill Graphics
- Ross Mitchell, Quesnel Cariboo Observer
- Muriel Smith
- Grace Steele
- James Watt
- Carol Weremy, G.R. Baker Memorial Hospital
Moges, web design
- And last but not least, my husband, Gary.
The following people were interviewed for this project:
- Linda Arnold, nurse, G.R. Baker Memorial Hospital
- Heather Collins, Mrs. Frasers
- Gertrude Fraser
- Bonnie Joy Gavin, Mrs. Frasers
- Jesse Ketchum, Mr. Frasers
executive assistant and family friend
- Lori Lawlor, nurse, G.R. Baker Memorial Hospital
- Donelda Martindale, Mrs. Frasers
- Muriel Smith, Mr. Frasers secretary
and family friend
- Grace Steele, GR Baker Memorial Hospital Auxiliary
member and friend of Mrs. Fraser
- James Watt, Mrs. Frasers nephew
- Marjorie Watt, Mrs. Frasers
- Carol Weremy, nurse, G.R. Baker Memorial Hospital
All photos on this site used courtesy of Gertrude Fraser.
Annie Gallant, "Gertrude Fraser didn't shirk when it came to
doing her part to help build the Goldpan City of Quesnel,"
Quesnel Cariboo Observer, October 30, 1996.
Jim Hume, "A look at the legend
of Alex Fraser,"
Victoria Times-Colonist, June 27, 1987.
Eldon Lee, Scalpels and Buggywhips, Medical Pioneers
of Central BC, Heritage House, Surrey, 1997.
"Busy Year for Quesnel Hospital," The
Vancouver Sun, February 1, 1937